Saturday, August 29, 2009

TEACHER SWAP





Yesterday was the day for the 4th installment of Jen's Back to School Teacher Swap at Following the Footsteps. Her blog is listed over on my list of other Teacher Blogs.The Teacher Swap is still open for the weekend, so please go over to get more ideas and to link up with your great ideas.


These are two of my favorite read aloud books.
A Froggy Fable was great to read on the first day of school, because it's about adapting to change. I also have the Kid's version of Who Moved My Cheese, and like it a lot, too.
The author's website for A Froggy Fable is http://www.johnlechner.com/
The author's website for Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns to Listen is
This site has free color, printable posters to go with this and other books, by Howard Binkow.
Something that I am able to do this year, that I haven't done before is have a
"Morning Meeting" with my class. I have all of my 2nd and 3rd graders and one of my 1st graders together to begin the day. We go over the calendar, listen to a book, share, and get instructions, before going to the tables to work. We meet back there on the rugs after lunch to go over the calendar again and get instructions for math, and then I also meet my kindergarteners there. I have had students tell me that they are enjoying this, and I am, too.

4 comments:

  1. Both those books look great! Love the word wigglebottom! So cute! Love the idea of a morning meeting. I've seen some teachers write their students a letter on a chart tablet during a morning meeting time. In letter things such as today's date is mentioned and it also talks about the different expectations the class is going to do that day. There are lots mini lessons that can be brought out and disscussed through writting.

    Thanks again for sharing your idea! The mckLinky was getting lonely! Ha! What do you think about doing a teacher swap once month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the encouragement... we all survived!!

    Blessings,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for the SWEET birthday wishes!! You blessed my heart with your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm just now getting around to reading this post. I love the idea of calling a gathering between you and your class a Morning Meeting. It makes it sound special and important to the kids. Thanks for sharing that and the books.

    ReplyDelete