Saturday, August 15, 2009

TEACHER SWAP


Yesterday was the day for the 2nd installment of Jen's Back to School Teacher Swap at Following the Footsteps. Her blog is listed over on my list of other Teacher Blogs.
The Teacher Swap is still open for the weekend, so please go over to get more ideas and to link up with your great ideas.
From the others who have already posted, I guess that yesterday was also Jen's birthday. I hope it was very happy, that you have a great weekend, and a great year, Jen.
Someone else posted a great idea for sending forms home that the parents can use when they need to write a note.
I'm going to share something that a lot of teachers do in some form, but if you haven't seen it, you need to.
When I taught at a school with Bulldogs as the mascot, I made Bulldog Binders.
I was debating whether I was going to use this with my students this year, and have decided that I am. My students are going to have their
Leopard Folders or Binders.
I have not decided yet, if I am going to use folders or binders. I have to decide today for my students to get them on Monday. Binders last longer, of course, but can be a little bulky for some of the students I am going to have. The students do love having them. The parents don't always continue to look at them every night like we ask, but I do still want to use them.
Ours will include
our class handbook with the student's schedule, our class rules, rewards, consequences, a note about homework/reading, and my contact information;
a reading log;
a parent/teacher communication section with blank paper;
a pocket for papers to take home and to return papers;
maybe a zipper pocket for supplies
I know other teachers who have already begun school came home tired like me last night. I hope that you will find the time and energy to join us and share some ideas!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sandy for sharing this idea and for wishing me a Happy Birthday!! SO very sweet!

    I love this idea and have used something similar in the past when I taught 2nd grade. I especially think it's great and important for students of special needs! It's a great way for them to be organized and get into a routine of using their binders (or folders.)
    I also think it a great communication tool for parents.

    I wish you the best of luck as you prepare for the first day of school! When do the kids start? So I can be praying for you!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy. I am back too! Sorry for not answering your question earlier! I am a special education inclustion teacher. Which means I go to my students regular ed classes and service them there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy! Thanks for sharing. I think folders are a great tool for communicating with parents.

    ReplyDelete