Saturday, July 25, 2009

ABOUT ME-EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND

I graduated from East Central University in Ada, OK with my Bachelors in Elementary and Special Education in 1985. That Spring semester, I did my student teaching-1/2 in 1st grade and 1/2 in special ed.

I began teaching special ed. in 1985. I stayed home with each of my own children at different times since then. This will be my 15th year to teach. I taught 11 years at 3 different schools in Oklahoma and 3 years at 2 different schools in Texas. This year, I am back in Oklahoma, at a different, great, really small town school, 15 minutes away from my home.
The years that I didn't teach, I taught my own child (preschool) and/or substituted.
Last year, I substituted at every school in Durant, OK the first half of the year, and worked the second half as a one-on-one aide for a very smart, special 7th grade male student. I enjoyed it very much and would have wanted to continue doing that this year, except that God gave me this new job.
I am now excited and getting ready for the new school year.

I received my Masters in Special Education in 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment